Goondiwindi Local Services
Goondiwindi ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Goondiwindi site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Goondiwindi Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Goondiwindi When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Goondiwindi Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Goondiwindi Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Goondiwindi ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Goondiwindi and a Place to Meet
The goondiwindi.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Goondiwindi
Goondiwindi is a small town located in Queensland, Australia, with a population of approximately 6,500 people. Despite its small size, Goondiwindi is full of interesting facts and history.
1. The name "Goondiwindi" is an Aboriginal word meaning "the resting place of the birds". It is believed that this name was chosen due to the abundant birdlife in the region.
2. Goondiwindi was originally established as a customs post during the 19th century, due to its location near the New South Wales border. Goods had to be inspected and taxed before crossing the border.
3. During World War II, Goondiwindi was a major training ground for troops and was also home to an air force base.
4. The Macintyre River, which runs through Goondiwindi, is known for its fishing and is a popular spot for anglers. The river is also home to a number of species of waterbirds.
5. The town is famous for its annual Goondiwindi Grey Day, which celebrates the grey racehorses that have been bred in the area. The event features horse races and a parade of these stunning animals.
6. In the 19th century, Goondiwindi was known for its production of wool and sheep, and the town was also a major stop on the Cobb & Co stagecoach route.
7. The Goondiwindi region is also home to a number of Indigenous rock art sites. These sites are protected and are important cultural landmarks for the local Indigenous communities.
8. Goondiwindi is famous for its beautiful jacaranda trees, which bloom in stunning shades of purple and lilac during the spring months.
9. In recent years, Goondiwindi has become an important hub for agricultural research and innovation. The town is home to a number of agricultural research facilities and companies that are involved in developing new technologies and techniques for farming.
10. The Goondiwindi region is also known for its beautiful natural landscapes, including the Graggan Range and the Bungunya State Forest. These areas are popular with hikers and nature enthusiasts, and offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside.