Goondiwindi Danger and Warnings
When it comes to personal security in Goondiwindi, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Crime rates in Goondiwindi are generally low. However, like any small town, there have been incidents of theft, vandalism, and assault.
- It's important to be aware of your surroundings, especially if you're walking alone at night or in unfamiliar areas.
- There is a risk of bushfires during the summer months, so it's important to stay up to date with fire warnings and have a plan in place in case of an emergency.
- It's important to beware of snakes and other wildlife when spending time outdoors.
- Be aware of the dangers associated with extreme heat during the summer months.
- Swimming in local rivers and dams can be dangerous due to potential hazards such as strong currents, submerged objects, and changing water levels.
If you find yourself in an emergency situation in Goondiwindi, you can call Triple Zero (000) for immediate assistance.
For further information on staying safe in Goondiwindi, visit the Queensland Government's website at https://www.qld.gov.au/emergency/safety.